COVID-19 continues to disrupt our daily lives - including our food supply & food safety. In light of this, we have released two new food-tech apps, to make it easy to manage your food.
1. 💡Food Tips App: Food is precious - now more than ever. But, do you know how long your produce, raw foods, and dry foods typically last? We have gathered this information for you - so you can get the most out of your food. We are bringing you the world's-largest tips database. More details here.
2. 📢 US Food Recalls App: Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, our food supply is more vulnerable to food safety risks now. Get the latest food recalls in the US including pet food recalls. Check out the recalls app here.
3. 🍏 GreenBites App: Our all-in-one, smart food app! Comes with integrated recalls, tips, nutrition, calorie tracker, grocery lists, collaboration features & more! Visit our website for more information.
🍏 GreenBites celebrates 1 year anniversary!
🍏 GreenBites: 📸 Snap ingredients & get recipes!
GreenBites: Now with Personalized Recipes & Smart Search!
1. PERSONALIZED SMART RECIPES: VIDEO DEMO
- 500,000+ smart recipes covering global cuisines.
- Get recipes to suit your dietary preferences such as cuisines (American, Asian, European, South American, etc.), diet plans (keto, paleo, vegan, etc.) and intolerances (gluten-free, dairy-free, allergens-free, etc).
- With the SmartPick feature, just pick the ingredients you already have at home, set your dietary preferences and get super-personalized recipe suggestions!
2. SMART SEARCH: VIDEO DEMO
- Detailed information on 500,000+ smart food items and recipes at your fingertips!
- "Search as you type" functionality makes finding/adding items easier than ever.
- Get integrated calories, macros, storage, cooking, food waste tips, and food recall alerts for the searched items.
As always, do let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you for your continued support!
We also made the decision to offer the app FREE now. No subscription, no ads - it's all FREE.
GreenBites: Announcing Shareable lists & Dark mode support!
GreenBites: Now with Tips & Guidelines for virtually all foods!
- Food waste tips for most common foods to help you save $100 of dollars every year,
- Freezing Guides to help you store the food in the freezer for better shelf-life
- Safe internal temperature recommendations for food safety, and
- Cooking method tips
CDC Reports Outbreak of E. coli Infections Linked to Fresh Express Sunflower Crisp Chopped Salad Kits
Introducing SmartRecipes and SmartRecalls!
- SmartRecipes: Looking for recipe suggestions? You can now pick ingredients you have in your kitchen to get a recipe suggestion! SmartRecipes also come with Calories and macros per serving that can be conveniently logged with a single button tap. There's even wine pairing recommendations for many recipes for those wine lovers.
- SmartRecalls: We have given the recalls feature a major makeover. Not only do you get food recall alerts for items in your kitchen but also you can access the recalled product images and quick facts on the food recall to keep you informed. As you know, finding the right facts on an announced recall can take hours of our time. For instance, there was yet another Romaine lettuce recall announced just before this Thanksgiving that eventually affected 100+ people in the US in 23 states. And, I personally found it difficult to stay on top of it - where the Romaine lettuce came from, affected stores, and how severe the recall was. With this feature, we hope it will be easier than ever to find that information quickly - all right in the app.
GreenEye is now GreenBites!
To better reflect what GreenEye does, we have renamed our app to GreenBites. Our core mission remains the same - i.e., make social impact with technology by innovating in the food tech space. Thanks to the incredible support of our early users, we continue to improve the app. And, we are growing steadily. Today, GreenBites is the only food tech app you’ll ever need to manage your food, kitchen, shopping lists and your diet! That's right - GreenBites now has a Calorie counter!
Introducing all-new Calorie Counter...
- You will now be able to log 275,000+ food items easily along with serving sizes. You will also be able to log your workouts.
- Calories and Macros will be counted and tracked daily and weekly with easy-to-read charts.
- You will be able to track your Calories in, Calories out, and Net Calories to stay on top of your health and fitness goals.
The Mann's voluntary food recall alert this weekend by @FDArecalls affects some veggie products sold in
- Whole Foods - @WholeFoods
- Wegmans - @Wegmans
- Meijer - @meijer
- HEB - @HEB
- Kroger - @Kroger
- Safeway - @Safeway
In total, 150+ products, 10+ brands and multiple states in the US are affected. The recall is due to Lysteria monocytogens which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people. They were sold between Oct. 10 - Nov. 4, 2019. And, GreenBites really helps you stay on top of these recalls.
Follow us on Twitter @GreenBitesAI
With GreenEye, keeping up with Food Recalls is easy!
Yesterday, I got to learn about an active food recall announced over the weekend. It said “Mann packing co., Inc voluntarily recalls veggie products...due to Lysteria monocytogens contamination.”
Now, we have seen about 100+ recalls in last few months at GreenEye. But, this is unlike any other recall news our team has seen at GreenEye to date. You see, this one recall isn’t just for one product but for 150+ products across 10+ different brands ( Whole Foods, Kroger, Trader Joe’s, O Organics, HEB, Signature farms, Safeway etc.) affecting consumers in US and Canada. Lysteria monocytogens can cause serious snd sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people.
I’m glad that we have FDA and USDA overseeing our food supply chain and promoting food-safety year round. But, sometimes, I find it unsustainable to keep up with news like these and really understand the magnitude of the recalls because, as a new parent, I find myself stretched too thin for time - more so now than before. It’s out of these frustrations, we set out to build GreenEye to help ourselves and help others to stay on top of news like this.
We tested our app right away. And see how well it does below. GreenEye gives you just the right information for the food at home so you are informed all the time.
So to summarize, that one recall announcement headlined "Mann Packing Co., Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Vegetable Products Sold in the United States and Canada Due to Potential Health Risks" is actually 150+ products across 10+ brands in multiple states! GreenEye app clearly shows a "warning " for those items and directly leads you to the announcement link. So how does GreenEye work? Just add what's in your kitchen to the app, and GreenEye will do the rest!
Get GreenEye for free today and stay on top of food recalls that matter to you! Just add what's in your kitchen, GreenEye will keep an eye out for recall news and keeps you informed.
GreenEye now gives you nutrition facts for 250,000+ products!
- GreenEye now brings you detailed nutrients and ingredients information for 250,000+ grocery items (including thousands of branded products). We hope this nutritional information helps you with your health and fitness goals.
- GreenEye now shows you not only the grocery food recalls but also optionally pet food recalls (Did you know that 1000s of pets have died in the last decade alone due to recalled food? :/) .
GreenEye app finally out!
I see a lot of wasted food, wasted money , wasted time and potential health risks - all in our kitchens. There are more than 2 million apps in the App Store and Google Play today. But... nothing comes anywhere close to solving all of these problems in our kitchens. I believe today's technology could and should help us address these issues.
And so, about 6 months ago, I quit my job hoping to make social impact with technology. Thus, born the idea of a mobile app for smart kitchens called GreenEye. GreenEye helps you save $100s of dollars on grocery bills by reducing food waste at home. In addition the app also gives you food safety recall alerts, official food storage tips, timers for perishables, smart shopping lists, and more - all powered by artificial intelligence.
So, how does it all work? Just take a quick picture of your grocery receipt OR simply add items of your choice. Just from the receipt picture alone, the app ...
- Identifies what's new in your kitchen,
- Gets you the latest US food safety recalls for those items so you and the loved ones at home aren't affected,
- Shows you official food storage guidelines and tipsto maximize the quality and freshness of typically "unlabelled" groceries such as fruits, veggies and meats so you can get the most out of those perishables,
- Reduces food waste at home saving you $100s of dollars in grocery bills per year,
- Manages your kitchen with reminders for grocery items of your choice,
- Allows you to quickly create smart shopping lists as you run out of the grocery items,
- Learns from your preferences to help you save time planning your kitchen
GreenEye is a social-mission company at its core. The app is being offered for free today to have as much impact as possible. So what's the catch? None. We respect user's privacy and data security. GreenEye does not sell your data to third-parties ever. Of course, GreenEye has a long way to go. So, I'd appreciate your feedback on the app and your help spreading the word .